Fast Forward Question

My old Sansa C200 allowed you to listen (obviously at a very fast rate) while you were fast forwarding.  This was helpful when trying to move ahead in a podcast but not skip to the next item.  The Clip + does not appear to support this function. 

Is there a setup item that I missed that will allow this?

Thanks.

None of the Sansa line of mp3 players have done this since the the advent of the e200v2 series. I (and others) agree that this was a useful tool in fast-forwarding through commericals in podcasts, etc. but unfortunately it has not been revived, whether it be due to lack of compatibility with the newer processors or development team interest.

I can’t stress strongly enough how nice it is to have audible feedback while scanning through a book, podcast, or music.  In short, it’s the coolest thing since the invention of the pre-sliced dill pickle.

I’d love to see it implemented, as it’s quite handy.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Seconded, would love to see thie feature re implemeted.

I will third this request. 

I’ve always found it to be of immense value when dealing with audiobooks or lectures. 

Especially when you are re-listening to something, it can save quite alot of hassle.

I hope it can be implemented in a future firmware update.

Hi,

Maybe it will worth mentioning the feature in the “request & feature” thread (http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Fuze-Feedback-and-Feature-Request-Thread/td-p/207432) to not forget about it.

i listen to 3 hour radio shows that are recorded as a long mp3, not as a podcast.

is there a way to skip through the file with out holding the forward button? for instance with ipods you can press the center button, and a bar apears on the screen showing the legth of song. while the bar is up, the user can scroll through the bar ast forwarding very quickly.

is there an option similar to this on the sansa fuze when playing music and videos?

@steveroo wrote:

i listen to 3 hour radio shows that are recorded as a long mp3, not as a podcast.

is there a way to skip through the file with out holding the forward button? for instance with ipods you can press the center button, and a bar apears on the screen showing the legth of song. while the bar is up, the user can scroll through the bar ast forwarding very quickly.

is there an option similar to this on the sansa fuze when playing music and videos?

No, but that would be a nice feature to have.

Variable speed playback with automatic pitch correction and a rewind feature that is continuous to the previous track would also be nice. Why does Sandisk omit these important tools?

JK98 ,

The Fuze+ does have  something unique with Audible book playback, variable speed WITH pitch correction.  Just thought I’d tantalize you with that one.  It’s one thing that the little Fuze+ does do well.

For audiobooks  from other sources, especially from CD sources, the big problem is the embedded ID3 tag data.  One MUST correct the tags using MP3Tag or a similar tag editor, as having your book ordered correctly is paramoount to a happy listening experience.  This is the same issue for other Sansas, as the device navigates from chapter to chapter via the tag sequence.

MP3Tag does it all in one step for you.

Imagine my surprise when I ripped the CD set for Michael Crichton’s State of Fear using Windows Media Player.  Egads!  It ordered the chapters all over thte place.  Mp3Tag has an auto numbering wizard that did it all in one pass, much better.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: