Exxtreme V2 speeds on M1/M2 Macs

I currently have a 2020 Intel Macbook Air, the last Intel version, with Tbolt3 ports. I have been using a pair of Extreme V2 drives and getting great speeds, consistent with the 10Gbs max of USB 3.2 gen 2.

I am now looking to upgrade to an M1 or M2 Macbook, either an Air or a Pro. However, I have heard various nightmares about M1 Macs not properly supporting USB3.2 gen 2 rates because of the USB4 controllers.

The discussions suggest it has to do with single lane (1x2) vs. dual lane (2x1) connections. I do not see in the Extreme V2 specs any information about the number of lanes supported. Most of the complaints seem to be from users of the Samsung T5/T7 drives…I have not seen any complaints about the Extreme V2 yet.

So I am asking if any M1/M2 Mac users have been able to get full speed from their Extreme V2 drives. If so, were there any workarounds required?

Hi @enossified,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the SD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://kb.sandisk.com/app/ask

If you’ve lost important data, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a great option for getting it back. This software is known for its user-friendly interface, impressive recovery capabilities, and ability to handle various file types and storage devices. Check it out here: SanDisk Extreme SSD Failure: Tips to Prevent from Further Damage