External Speakers

I used to use my sansa m250 with external computer speakers. I tried to use those same speakers with a new Clip (bought two days ago), but they would not work. The sound setting is set to high. I tried a friend’s speakers and they work fine. Do my speakers have the wrong impedence? The user manual does not have these specs and I could not find them on Sansa’s website. When I go to get new speakers, what minimum quality do I need them to meet? I have the 1.1.18A firmware out of the box. Might upgrading to 20A fix this problem?

jmrSudbury wrote:
I used to use my sansa m250 with external computer speakers. I tried to use those same speakers with a new Clip (bought two days ago), but they would not work. The sound setting is set to high. I tried a friend’s speakers and they work fine. Do my speakers have the wrong impedence? The user manual does not have these specs and I could not find them on Sansa’s website. When I go to get new speakers, what minimum quality do I need them to meet? I have the 1.1.18A firmware out of the box. Might upgrading to 20A fix this problem?

upgrading firmware isnt a bad idea. Is there a settings that goes from Settings>Volume> Normal or High. My e200 has that.

I will try to upgrade the firmware when I go home for lunch – if my wife does not end up buying a Wii this morning requiring help to set it up. Yes, the sound level setting was already at high.

i mean try setting it to “normal” instead. What happens when you try to play music? no sound at all, high pitched noise, nothing?

and good luck with the wii, its the best system for the youngin’s and group activities. Zleda and metroid for the win.

I only found the volume settings this morning. I will try the normal setting at lunch (in an hour).

I was not getting any sound through my speakers with the Clip, but I did get sound through my friend’s speakers with the volume setting on High.

hate to state the obvious, but do the speakers work with other devices? such as the PC itself for example. I am assuming your connecting through a 3.5mm jack, yes?

I am connecting through a 3.5 mm plug. I tried the high and normal volume settings to no avail. I upgraded the firmware to 1.1.20A then tried the high and normal volume settings again. No sound came from the external speakers. I tried the speakers with a radio and they worked fine. It just seems like these speakers are not compatible. I only want to know if the Clip requires a specific impedence or has some other restriction/minimum requirement. The manual and the specs section of this forum do not mention any. It thought I would ask instead of going to the store and trying a bunch of speakers. Perhaps trial and error are the only way if the specs are not published or available anywhere or if my Clip is slightly underpowered for some reason – at least my battery would then last longer.