ExpressCache keeps on filling/flushing the cache

You may want to write a line bout the risk which comes with disabling UAC. Is there any ETA for the next update? I’m still running on 1.1 cause of this “design” issue and the lack of new things/bugfixes.

I did finally get tired of it and set the uac to never show noifiacations, hopefully no unwated programs show up on my system. Also, it’s still flushing the cache at boot, now instead of every 2-3 boots it does it around every 6 or 7. I might just try to find some old drivers for it, it use to work much better. When I bought it for maybe the 5 or 6 months it was perfect, booting in around  20 seconds, now after each new update it has some new bug. When ever the cache is reset it take about 3 minutes to boot, about twice as long as it took before I put it in.

There are some Lenovo Laptops with ExpressCache out there. It seems like you can download older Versions from those Support Websites. I have no clue if those will work with the retail SSD but it’s maybe worth a try. The Installer looks pretty normal (no IBM/Lenovo Logos on the first 2 screens).

http://support.lenovo.com/de_DE/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?&DocID=HT073274

I found a copy on my computer I downloaded Oct 2012, installed it and it’s nice to have everything again. No cache flushing every other boot and no UAC pop-ups. It’s version 1.01, I guess it’s true, if it is working then don’t update. Boot time is down lower than it ever was even with the later versions we not flushing the cache.

I noticed this boot time issue too. Every now and then my pc locks up when i try to OC my GPU or CPU and the SSD gets erased. After 2 reboots the PC starts up way faster then before. Looks like the “intelligent” caching algorithm thinks, that there are more important things then Windows files, and replaces them after some time.

The fact that the PC is freezing could be what is causing the cache to be out of sync. Anytime the expresscache detects any possibility of the cache not being in sync with the HDD it will invalidate and flush the cache. In a caching environment this must be done to maintain synchronization. 

Has this problem ever been resolved ??

My readycache resets all the time and   has the opposite effect on the PC  to that it was bought for ??

Cannot find any particular reason why it just resets every  few minutes .

Chris

Well I have now   cleaned out my PC ,  put in 8 gb of ram ,  And a totally clean install of windows 7  X64 .

Re installed ready cache and  its not different ,  cache gradually fills until any reboot , then the cache is alway reset

and this just then make the next reboot.  really slow.

Coming to the conclusion that this whole  cache Idea and this implementation is utter Rubbish.

Just an excuse to sell off some tiny SSd’s that  in any other istuation  are really too small to be of use for anything else ??

C.