Express not loading songs

My Express went belly up two days ago, did the upgrade and redid the driver, finally formatted the player.  Now I have a hard time getting it to “stay connected” for it to receive mp3’s. 

Either the device has stopped responding or has been disconnected.  this is the response I get.

Did the new firmware do this or is there another way to correct this?

thanks

forgot to note Windows XP an never had a problem with my laptop before with loading…

@n9wff wrote:

My Express went belly up two days ago, did the upgrade and redid the driver, finally formatted the player.  Now I have a hard time getting it to “stay connected” for it to receive mp3’s. 

Either the device has stopped responding or has been disconnected.  this is the response I get.

Did the new firmware do this or is there another way to correct this?

thanks

The error message you have written seems to suggest that you have some corrupt files on your player. Try connecting your player in MSC mode following the instructions in the attached link.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=express&thread.id=1012 

Then check the drive to see if the “Used Space” and “Free Space” match with what it should be. If the “Free Space” doesn’t seem to be the right size for the content you have on the player,  then you may have some corrupt files taking up a lot of space.

If that seems to be the problem, run check disc on the drive. See if that helps.

Before you disconnect, put the player back in MTP mode following the instructions in the link, except select “MTP Drivers” instead of “USB”.