EU volume limit

After doing a google search I came across an article dating from Sept 2009 saying that the EU volume limit for mp3 players is 80dB, is this the current regulation and the limit which the new firmware imposes?

The Quick Start Guide says the following “Studies, including one from the NIDCD indicate that sounds of less than 80 decibels, even after long exposure, are unlikely to cause a hearing loss”. So presumably I can then listen to everything on my mp3 at maximum volume and not worry about the effect on my hearing? Or is there any risk that certain songs with certain headphones can play louder than this 80dB?

I don’t know the answers to your questions.  While I think that the EU volume restriction is intended to avoid hearing damage, I would think that as all ears are different, one has to look out for oneself and take care, especially with prolonged use.  The old rule was to listen to music at a “comfortable” level, avoiding loudness.   

I don't know the answers to your questions.  While I think that the EU volume restriction is intended to avoid hearing damage, I would think that as all ears are different, one has to look out for oneself and take care, especially with prolonged use.  The old rule was to listen to music at a "comfortable" level, avoiding loudness.  Personally, I can't think that playing non-soft music at the Clip's maximum level would be good for anyone.      

I don’t know the answers to your questions.  While I think that the EU volume restriction is intended to help avoid hearing damage, I would think that as all ears are different, one has to look out for oneself and take care, especially with prolonged use.  The old rule was to listen to music at a “comfortable” level, avoiding loudness.  Personally, I can’t think that playing non-soft music at the Clip’s maximum level would be good for anyone.