Error on Sansa Express

Help I know nothing about these things.  I recently purchased this express for my son.  It has worked fine up until a few days ago.  It says there is “_ _ot error, Shutting Down.”  I have no idea what kind of error this is so i don’t know how to fix it.  It does not get through building database and then this message pops up.  any suggestions?

@kellil wrote:
Help I know nothing about these things.  I recently purchased this express for my son.  It has worked fine up until a few days ago.  It says there is “_ _ot error, Shutting Down.”  I have no idea what kind of error this is so i don’t know how to fix it.  It does not get through building database and then this message pops up.  any suggestions?

I do not recognize the error message but if your player cannot complete building the database, then you may have some songs on there that the Express cannot read. You need to use MP3 or WMA files with proper ID3 tags. Once you get your player up and running, you should check your files to see if they are correctly tagged.

First, try to reset the Express by holding the center “Select” button and the up “+” button at the same time. Then try to turn it on.

If that doesn’t work, try reflashing the firmware as described in the attached thread. Note: This process will delete all files from your player.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=express&thread.id=1143