Error message

Hi,

When i click on RunSanDiskSecureAccess_Win i get an error occur with the following message. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Unable to Locate DLL

The Dynamic Link Library dmBackup.dll could not be found in the specified path.

This is the first time i have put the flash drive into my laptop (Brand New)

Any help is greatful.

Regards

J

Try plugging the flash drive into a different USB port, one that isn’t USB 3.  See if that helps.

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the reply, i have tried all the USB ports on the Laptop and they all have the same message as above.

Regards

J

Have you deleted any files off the flash drive?

Check this thread:  http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/I-get-an-error-about-a-missing-dmBackup-dll-error-when-trying-to/td-p/295984

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your reply. I havent no. I literally opened the packing of the Flash Drive and have had this error since.

Regards

J

hmmmmm  Can you try the Flash Drive in a different machine?  Can you write a file directly to the flash Drive without using SecureAccess? 

Either something is preventing the app from writing to the drive, your AV maybe, your Policy settings, or there is an error in the drive itself.

Hi

I have a similar issue.  I used the new 32Gb stick in my PC and it worked fine, used the stick on Surface RT and it worked fine, went back to PC and now I get the dmbackup.dll error and cannot access any files.  Any thoughts??

When you run RunSanDiskSecureAccess-Win.exe, the dmBackup.dll file gets created in :My Vaults.  Is it there on your flash drive?