Error Code 10 Device cannot start error possible fix.

I recently had an issue where when I connected any MTP device to my computer it would load the driver and the device would work for a few minutes and then give this error in device manager. After some troubleshooting I found a USB driver I had downloaded to enable the PS3 controller for use on my PC was causing the issue.

Check what USB drivers you have loaded and try disabling them to see if that solves the issue.

Message Edited by Narse on 07-20-2007 05:31 PM

Message Edited by SansaMe on 07-20-2007 02:46 PM

Hello,

How do I do this?

I’m having a similar problem: when i plug in my Sansa e200 I receive an error message related to the USB Port, that reads: “A USB device has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of its hub port. You should disconnect the devise.” I tried ordering a new USB cord for the Sansa but am receiving the same message. Also, I am using Windows Media Player 11.

Help!

hhwkns wrote:

Hello,

How do I do this?

I’m having a similar problem: when i plug in my Sansa e200 I receive an error message related to the USB Port, that reads: “A USB device has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of its hub port. You should disconnect the devise.” I tried ordering a new USB cord for the Sansa but am receiving the same message. Also, I am using Windows Media Player 11.

Help!

Does the Connect work on other computers? If so you will probably need to purchase a self powered USB hub. The Connect it pulling more power than your USB port can provide.

Message Edited by drlucky on 07-24-2007 10:43 AM

No, it caused my co-worker’s computer to reboot when we tried it. Does this mean my Sansa is shot? I just got it 6 months ago!

you may need an RMA contact SanDisk Technical support.

Narse,

I have an exact same problem that you had, but I did disable mtp drivers in divice manager but I still have the problem???

Is there anyone that has this issue and how did you resolve it???

I dont think Nase was saying to disable the MTP driver. if the MTP driver is disabled the computer will never see the Connect. it is a MTP only device.

Narse had a driver for a PS3 controller that was causeing the conflict. it seems that the driver he used for the PS3 controller would send a sync signal to USB devices creating a conflict with MTP devices.

take a look through this post and see if there is anything there that helps

DRLUCKY,

You are absolutaly right!!! I have give you the wrong word!! I mean MTP device not MTP driver, Sorry…

I have check the link you gave to see if there was a solution there but no luck!! I have win XP pro and I do have wmp 10…

I have 2 same sansa c 200 series and both are Model C250, one of them works great but the other one is not there on my system ??? The instalation went great for both of them but like I said, one of them is not been seen ??? I think I will need to change it at Cosco and see from there???

Buy the way, I have change the MP3 at Cosco and the new one works great!!!

TNX anyway for your help!!!

Sansafreak