Equalizer settings

Yeah great work!

I always use the same EQ with all my phones, even my best ones (which are Audio Technica ES7 -my favourite- and Denon D1000). But i often change my settings though :wink:

I think i’ve found the best setting for my tastes: +3 +6 0 +6 +12

I got a loud sound with forward vocals and tight bass. MUCH better than Jazz mode! I also got a very similar sound when playing music on my computer with windows media player, so i guess the Clip’s equalizer is not so bad after all.

Message Edited by mobbaddict on 01-12-2009 10:36 AM

It’s important to post what headphones are you using besides the settings. I’ve posted that before but not in this thread. I’m using Sennheiser MX500 and 53324 all positive. These sound the same level than the Normal settings (which are not flat at all for me) but with less upper midrange and a little stronger bass (MX500 are quite open). Jazz is way too bright for me and Normal is OK for the factory headphones (makes sense). I always wanted to know the approximated values so big thanks to Massimo, great work. Now I can figure out what I was doing by ear only.

Sorry, there’s no edit option. I forgot to say that would be great to know all the preset values also. Like Jazz is +0 +0 +0 +12 +12 (joke), etc. That way, if you like a preset a little but want to tweak it, you know where to start on. I have that in my Pioneer car stereo and is a great thing to know, you can read the values right there in the screen and even start your custom settings from there, without loosing any preset. The strange thing is that Normal is not really all zeros, it seems like a Loudness setting for me, maybe tuned for Sansa to their headphones. Massimo’s analysis proved that, because if you have all in zero and move any freq just a little, there´s a bit change in the sound.

I am glad someone else discovered that Normal setting is not really flat. My ears says there is too much mids. Sounds a little echoed too. I was playing with EQ and found these settings plays good for my ears : +5 -2 +3 +1 +3.

It would be nice to know Jazz setting - then I would take a few clicks on last two bars on right…

ok im used to the sound system in my car…wich KILLS the bass :stuck_out_tongue: and i want a lil more from my sansa…now i hav decent headphones and my EQ is as follows

12 - 12 - 6 - 8 - 8

my volume is very loud lol but i am still not getting the bass i want…am i expecting too much or is my EQ not set right?..any feedback would b greatly appreciated

I try your settings and they distort very badly. What headphones are you using? Is that or sadly you need to check your audition. No joke or offense intended, I’m talking seriously, audition problems are quite common among car audio enthusiast. My car system is above average (a separated amp and a SAS bazooka) and I know how good bass sound. My clip with Senn MX500 are not bass-thin at all with 53324 EQ.

You’re best off getting better 'phones and leaving it on Normal…no distortion, no clipping, etc. I understand that less-balanced headphones need an EQ sometimes, but with better phones, you’ll see than Normal is best.

CRISTIANO

im using sennheiser cx300 headphones wich ive heard r pretty good for bass

and im not sure wut u mean by “audition problems”…please explain

MARTIAN

r u reccommend these headphones?
“Grado SR60i, Sennheiser PX100, Koss KSC75”

alrite i took ur EQ settings under consideration and i ma getting sum bass (finally :P)

so thx a ton cristiano…if theres ne thing else i can do 2 improve the bass in my headset plz let me know

@sn33kypanda wrote:

CRISTIANO

im using sennheiser cx300 headphones wich ive heard r pretty good for bass

and im not sure wut u mean by “audition problems”…please explain

MARTIAN

r u reccommend these headphones?
“Grado SR60i, Sennheiser PX100, Koss KSC75”

If you like bass in particular, the Sennheiser PX100 with the Sansa Normal EQ works great. Those three 'phones you see in my sig are the ones I use all the time.

Oh, so happy to help you, Panda. My values are almost Normal but with less upper midrange, which is annoying for my tastes. The KSC75 are famous for big bass but very open (are on-ear clips), but they’re quite cheap so are worth a try without much risk.

NO PRESETS!  *** Clip is one of few players I don’s use EQ presets on. NORMAL sounds just fine!! *using ‘budget’ earphones Sennheiser CX300*

MARTIAN

well i took a look at the sennheisers and they look nice, wont lie, but i RLY need earbuds b/c i use my mp3 player at wrk and im required 2 hav 1 open ear…wich is y i like the cx 300s b/c the hav assymetric ear buds and i only use one earbud ne way

CRISTIANO

im not too big on the ypper-mid range sounds myself, but i do appreciate a nice balance in my music

ive been using ur setting i thinik its 5-3-3-2-4 and it sounds great!! but if you tweak ur settings and/or find sumthing better im open to just about ne thing:P

ATTN: EATMUSIC

i also have the cx 300 headphones and hav tried “normal” with less than satisfactory results…if it works for thats fine but i think you could get a little bit more out of ur headphones

I use AKG-K330 in ear phones, that have ingredible bass. I listen to metal & hard rock music. Here is my equalizer settings:

1st bar: +4

2nd bar: -12

3d bar: -9

4rth bar: +10

5th bar: +10

Try this and you won’t believe to your ears (i hope)