End of "Stairway to Heaven" is cut off

I just downloaded “Stairway to Heaven” by Led Zepplin from the Best Buy Music Store using Rhapsody.  The song plays fine on my computer, so it download correctly from the store.  But I then transfered it to my Clip.  The last 50 seconds or so of the song is missing.  I used the firmware updater and updated the firmware, deleted the song from the Clip (using Rhapsody) and transfered the song again.  It is still missing the same piece at the end.  Is this a know problem and is there anything that can be done?  Thanks to anybody who can help.

“No Stairway! Denied!”

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 01-30-2008 08:08 AM

TimH, do you use a playlist to play this song? Is there any specific ID3 tag in the file that deals w/ the song length?

What you could try also, is:

• generate a md5sum on the file on your computer
  • copy back the file from your Clip to your computer, generate the md5sum of this file, compare to the original. If md5sums differ, you have transfer problems.

I’m trying to guess what could be wrong!

@kukrapok wrote:
TimH, do you use a playlist to play this song? Is there any specific ID3 tag in the file that deals w/ the song length?

What you could try also, is:

• generate a md5sum on the file on your computer
  • copy back the file from your Clip to your computer, generate the md5sum of this file, compare to the original. If md5sums differ, you have transfer problems.

I’m trying to guess what could be wrong!

I think a md5sum is a little bit out of most people’s grasp.

The whole issue could be file specific. If all of your other files are functioning properly then perhaps the clip is fine. Have you tried adding another song longer than the cut off? :smiley:

I belive the Led Zeppelin song is purchased as .RAX format from Rhapsody ,  and there is a conversion process to place it on the Clip as protected .wma.  Perhaps there is a flaw in the conversion process?

One Option is the purchased track should be able to “Burn to CD”,  which will be unprotected.  Try burning the track,  then see if it plays fine on the CD.  Next, rip the track from the CD to whatever format you want and transfer it as an Unprotected file.

Message Edited by sansafix on 01-30-2008 02:52 PM

It should go without saying but it’s definitely not the song.  I just uploaded a mp3 version at 160  Kb/s and it worked just fine all the way through.  I never really listened to the whole song before this but I have to say it has some excellent pacing.  Before I knew it I was at the end of the song and wanting more!  :slight_smile:

Peter_Griffin:
I didn’t mean to calculate the md5 sum manually :-D.

More seriously, and for the ones who didn’t get the md5sum idea, it was about checking if the file got corrupted while being transfered.