Empty music folder

Hi guys,

I got sansa clip as a gift from my cousin while he returned from the US(I stay in India).It used to get detected in some PCs and in others it didn’t.So i went through the community forums here and tried to keep the player inhold n pressed the center button n then inserted it to USB of the PC.By doing so i got a new drive called “sansa 350M” n there in it I found EMPTY MUSIC FOLDERS. I can’t understand why this is happening.I’m really getting frustrated as I can’t access my music files on the computer.In some PCs i could directly access those music files by just inserting the player into the USB port without keepin it in the hold position n pressing the centre button.Please find a solution to my problem.It’s of version 01.01.11a. I’d like to know the detailed steps in which i’d have to go about rectifying the problem.

PS- I also downloaded the SandiskUpdaterInstall n it is currently inside the player.I’d also like to know the way in which it’ll get uploaded into the latest version.

Hopin to see a reply soon.Thank You.

hi … im from india too… punjab to b precise… btw ur lucky to get an american firmware. all u need is to update mannuallly

to the newest firmware available… i think the american firmware ver 1.1.11 dosent support mannual switching of USB modes… 

so get the new firmware … then a new option in ur sansa,s menu in settings will appear … from that choose the MTP mode of USB

then all will b fine… drop that automatic updater… jst a resource hog… as far as i think . … but if ur a not the geeky type , then 

its ur best bet. keep it. 

When the Clip is in MTP mode, the computer only shows files transferred in MTP mode; and likewise as to MSC mode.  But all play and show on the Clip. 

When the Clip is in MTP mode, the computer only shows files transferred in MTP mode; and likewise as to MSC mode.  But all play and show on the Clip. 

For MTP mode, the computer needs at least Windows XP SP2 and WMP10–that may be why some of your computers can’t connect in that mode.

Given your situation, you may want to update to the latest firmware (see the sticky at the top of the forum) and switch to and use MSC mode.