Empty Folders Problem

After the many syncs and music deletes, I have noticed that the clip keeps the empty folders that used to contain the music that I deleted. Sure this might not be a problem but, after a while, it really bothers me if half of all your storage contained empty folders with no files in them. It really hinders navigation.

Btw, when will there be a new firmware release, those bugs should really get fixed up. 

@syaoran wrote:

After the many syncs and music deletes, I have noticed that the clip keeps the empty folders that used to contain the music that I deleted. Sure this might not be a problem but, after a while, it really bothers me if half of all your storage contained empty folders with no files in them. It really hinders navigation.

Btw, when will there be a new firmware release, those bugs should really get fixed up.

Why don’t you just delete the empty folders?

Oh, whoops… forgot to suggest the idea with the problem.

Well, its not that its hard to do it, its just a bit time consuming. Is it impossible to have the clip delete the empty folders as it deletes the files as well? That would make life a bit easier. 

@syaoran wrote:

Oh, whoops… forgot to suggest the idea with the problem.

Well, its not that its hard to do it, its just a bit time consuming. Is it impossible to have the clip delete the empty folders as it deletes the files as well? That would make life a bit easier. 

Just delete when you connect to the computer then, maybe? I only delete podcasts on the Clip itself, so I’ve seen the folders you describe, but since I only see them when I connect to add the new podcasts, I don’t worry about them, I just leave them there.

There’s no way to get the Clip to do it automatically.  To make it less time-consuming, you may want to use a tool like:

http://download.cnet.com/Remove-Empty-Directories/3000-2248_4-10755867.html