echo music

HELP ME! my sansa fuze music is now echoing its not the earphones i think it may be a virus! the music is good but the voices are low and it also effected my radio on the sansa do i need to get a new one are can it be fixed?

You aren’t being very clear about what is going on.

Voices are low… too much bass? Pitch is low? or low volume?   

Music echos but voices don’t? How delayed is the echo?  a couple of milliseconds, or like several notes?

Is the echo fainter than the original note?

Unplug the head phones and then replug them. Push them in with some force. You should feel them Seat (Clcik into place) 3 times.

@conversionbox wrote:
Unplug the head phones and then replug them. Push them in with some force. You should feel them Seat (Clcik into place) 3 times.

This advice is great, but my various headphones do not click three times during insertion.  I point this out not to be a negative nilly, but to help the original poster.  Just make sure the headphones are inserted all the way…:smiley:

Yep, hearing music but little vocals is a definite symptom of a missing ground connection at the headset plug.  Give it a wee press inward, as it’s probably not seated fully.

Bob  :wink:

Glad the ONE thing she was clear about was that it wasn’t the phones :wink:

Murphy’s First Law of Troubleshooting: Never say never.  Give the obvious one more shot, lest you miss the problem.

I’ve learned this the hard way.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

@neutron_bob wrote:

Murphy’s First Law of Troubleshooting: Never say never.  Give the obvious one more shot, lest you miss the problem.

I’ve learned this the hard way.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Agreed.  In my younger years, I was a HVAC service inspector.  I worked for a large manufacterer and I would usually be called in as a last resort before a lawsuit would be initiated.  I lost count on how many technicians told me that " I know the compressor is OK" or “I know the start capacitor is fine”… and upon my arrival and inspection, the part that they swore was good, was indeed faulty.

Check and recheck the simple things first, before moving on.