e280v1: Will not connect at all after slight driver tweaking

I did these first two steps from this thread when I was attempting to recover my device from the B.R.o.D., and was hampered by step 3 for whatever reason.

1. connect using manufacturing mode (hold button on + center button while connecting)
  2. In device manager find unknown device under USB and update the driver. Select driver manually. Navigate to 0781-0720.inf (came with the archive) (c:\e200tool)
  3. When windows promt you to install “libusb0.sys” direct it to с:\libusb\libusb-win32-device-bin-20060827\bin\

Then I ‘fixed’ the device by simply pressing on the memory chip inside of it.  But then an entirely new problem came up: The device will simply not connect to the computer in either MSC or MTP modes; it won’t even charge the battery whatsoever, from either the wall charger or the computer (however it will plug in and display a full battery when it IS connected to either - just not charge it).  The Device Manager will not even recogize it.  However, in recovery mode I am able to connect, although in the device manager it lists the Sansa as a Storage volume > generic volume, and strangley enough it is not listed as a Sansa e280 but an e250!

Now my question is: When I was doing the steps to unbrick my sansa, even though I didn’t get very far, on those first two steps, did I manage to trash some important driver file that now is making my sansa unable to connect?  And my next question is: To go from here (I am guessing that I will be told, if anything, to reformat or at the least update firmware) will I have to wipe the device of all its music and files?  PLEASE SAY IT AIN’T SO

Here is what the “version” text file on the 16mb thingy says when connected in recovery mode:

Version Info: Product Rev.: PP5022AF-05.51-S301-02.24-S301.02.24A-D
Base Code: 05.51-S301-02.24-S301.02.24A-D
ODM Ver.: S301-02.24-S301.02.24A-D
OEM Ver.: S301.02.24A-D
Build Type: -D
Build Date: 2007.12.24

Build Number: (Build 32.10)         

Thanks a lot for your help and attention!

Message Edited by llamer on 06-09-2010 01:28 PM