e260v2

i’m trying to copy songs on my player using the program wmp. I’ved tried 3 or 4 times but it always stops copying in the middle. I have the latest firmware. v03.01.16A i have a 8gb internal memory stick. Do i put the usb mode into MTP or MSC? It’s currently on auto detect. Let me know i would reallyit and have all my music copied without any problems

Don’t use Auto Defect, which defaults to MTP mode whenever possible, but if not can connect in MSC (without your knowledge or approval).

MTP mode is required (and used) for DRM-encrypted content like CRhapsody, Napster, Audible audio books, Overdrive-loaded audio books or music ‘borrowed’ from your library, etc. MTP is also used if you ‘sync’ your music with Windows Media Player.

MSC mode makes the device appear as just another ‘dumb’ storage device like a thumb drive or external USB-connected hard drive. In this mode you can simply drag & drop your files at will from your computer to your device and/or memory card.

You say your transfer of files stops in the middle . . . be aware that WMP (or no other program for that matter) will fill up your internal memory, then ‘automatically’ switch over and continue copying files to the external memory card. Is this maybe what is happening? The internal memory and external memory card are 2 separate physical locations, and must be loaded individually, regardless of what method you use.

Don’t use Auto Defect, which defaults to MTP mode whenever possible, but if not can connect in MSC (without your knowledge or approval).

MTP mode is required (and used) for DRM-encrypted content like CRhapsody, Napster, Audible audio books, Overdrive-loaded audio books or music ‘borrowed’ from your library, etc. MTP is also used if you ‘sync’ your music with Windows Media Player.

MSC mode makes the device appear as just another ‘dumb’ storage device like a thumb drive or external USB-connected hard drive. In this mode you can simply drag & drop your files at will from your computer to your device and/or memory card.

You say your transfer of files stops in the middle . . . be aware that WMP (or no other program for that matter) will fill up your internal memory, then ‘automatically’ switch over and continue copying files to the external memory card. Is this maybe what is happening? The internal memory and external memory card are 2 separate physical locations, and must be loaded individually, regardless of what method you use.

Oh, and 1 more thing . . . yout Subject title says nothing about what the post or your question is about. You used more or less the same subject line for your other questions 2 years ago. A more descriptive subject line would be more helpful to those scanning the ‘headlines’ to pique their interest and give them a reason to read your post, thereby getting you more (quantity) and pertinent (quality) respnses and help. :wink:

Oh, and 1 more thing . . . yout Subject title says nothing about what the post or your question is about. You used more or less the same subject line for your other questions 2 years ago. A more descriptive subject line would be more helpful to those scanning the ‘headlines’ to pique their interest and give them a reason to read your post, thereby getting you more (quantity) and pertinent (quality) responses and help.

i’ve tried loading it on internal 4gb memory but it stops and  no it’s not switching to my external. I will go ahead and switch the player to MTP and try again with wmp and i’ll let u know the results

OK, tell us more details like exactly how & what you are doing, the format and/or size of the files . . . stuff like that.

@jamesyu001 wrote:

i’ve tried loading it on internal 4gb memory but it stops and  no it’s not switching to my external. I will go ahead and switch the player to MTP and try again with wmp and i’ll let u know the results

You may want to format it first in case there are any residual files (or remnants) clogging up the available memory space. There’s an on-board Format function in Settings > System Settings. This will erase all content and optimize the memory allocations clusters.

i did format via computer and on the player it self but it stops copying at in the middle and i’m not sure why. Do i have to downgrade the firmware?  i’m using windows media player to transfer my music unless there is another program that works better. My current version is 3.01.16

@jamesyu001 wrote:

Do i have to downgrade the firmware?

That won’t do anything but give you less features and/or bug fixes. The latest v2 .16 firmware is very stable and has nothing to do with your problem.

@jamesyu001 wrote:

i’m using windows media player to transfer my music unless there is another program that works better.

You could always not use a ‘program’ at all. Set your player to MSC mode, and drag & drop the files you want from your computer to your player and card in Windows Explorer. That’s the way I’ve done it for years on all my players; you couldn’t pay me to use WMP & MTP mode. Most of the other shall we say, “more-experienced” people on this forum do the same thing. You are in control, rather than relying on a bloated, under-featured & confsing piece of software.

Are you trying to load it up all in 1 fell swoop? Try transferring smaller “bites”, a few folders at a time. Maybe you’re trying to force it to “bite off more than it can chew”?

i will try your way than i’ll let you know