e260 problem charging

Hi.

I recently purchared the e260 and have been fairly happy with it so far.  However, I am having problems with charging the player.  If the player has been connected to my computer for more than 10 minutes, the charging icon will be replaced by the full battery icon.  However, when I unplug the player, it is not a full charge and quite often at 50% or less charge.  I have to unplug it from my computer and plug it back in to get it to continue charging.

My computer is not going into sleep mode.  I’m connecting this into my laptop as well, but I don’t think that would make a difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

it could be the laptop is not giving enough power to the device. i tried to charge my e200 once with 300mA AC charger and i had the same issue. try charging it with the laptop plugged in AC.

I have been attempting to charge my e260 while my laptop is plugged in AC.  Any other suggestions?

can’t think of anything else but buy a AC wall charger.
for best value, buy a USB hub just like this one i have. just plug the hub to AC. you dont have to turn your computer on.

Hi, I had exactly the same problem with my e280 … wouldn’t fully charge through the PC’s USB socket even though it was showing ‘charging’ all the time. I don’t think the current available from some computers is enough to fully charge the player.

Bought an AC charger from Maplins (in UK) and everything is fine.  It gives 1000mA of current.   http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=L11BR&source=15&SD=Y     It comes supplied with international adaptors and you can mail order, so overseas shouldn’t be a problem. It costs £10 here.

Hope this helps, Woody