e260 instantly shuts down WMP

Hello, My Sansa e260 keeps crashing WMP 11.  As soon as the device is connected, WMP shuts down.  Or, if the device is already connected and I attempt to open WMP, it will open and then instantly shut down.  I occasionally receive an error message saying: “Windows - No Disk” “Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c” with options to “Cancel, Try Again, and Continue”

I’ve updated the firmware to Version 01.02.24A which I believe is the latest version available.  I reset the player, it is completely blank with no songs, photos, etc.  It appears to function normally otherwise.  When it is plugged into the computer it is connected and charges fine.  Is there anything else you need to know???

Thank you for your help!

The e200 series is pretty old technology, and I’ve heard others cite compatibility problems with WMP 11. I’d backdate to WMP 10, or simply not use WMP at all. You don’t really need it, unless you have DRM-crippled content. If you’re using it to rip your own CD’s, there are better choices out there without the little annoying quirks of WMP.