e260 Hold Switch (can it be repaired?)

I have an e260 that I’ve had for some 4-5 years now, and today, the Hold switch stopped working. Even if I slide the switch over to show the white part (to unlock it), it still says “Key LOCKED SYSTEM SHUTDOWN.” I’m wondering how to get this sansa fixed, as it’s the only one that I have. Any help will be appreciated.

The e200 series is tough as nails. The wee HOLD switch on the top can be repaired, but a replacement part can only be found by salvaging one from a dead device.

A great source for the switch is eBay , where a complete donor machine can be found for a few dollars.  You might also find an auction for a piece of toast with Elvis’ face on it, come to think of it.  For your search, remember that you can use e200, 250, 260, 270, or 280 for the model, as folks list them with these variants.

You might even find a complete working machine, bypassing the need to do surgery on your original.

Sadly, there is no repair facility for these little guys, as most portable devices are thought of as disposable.  The e200 series is nice, with a replaceable battery too.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@neutron_bob wrote:

A great source for the switch is eBay , where a complete donor machine can be found for a few dollars.  You might also find an auction for a piece of toast with Elvis’ face on it, come to think of it. 

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

What a steal! $1983.47 + free shipping!

Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the toaster.

:smileyvery-happy: