e260 clock will not keep correct time.

brand new e260. When I set the clock and go back to the menus it immediately displays a time that is not what I entered. repeatedly setting it will not cause to display the right time. if I ignore it and then look at it again later (minutes or hours) it’s totally off the wall, not resembling what I had input at all.

Broken? or just a stupid clock design? (or a stupid user??)

Thanks!

Pretty odd. A firmware update couldn’t hurt.

Or buy a watch… 

@fredex wrote:

brand new e260. When I set the clock and go back to the menus it immediately displays a time that is not what I entered. repeatedly setting it will not cause to display the right time. if I ignore it and then look at it again later (minutes or hours) it’s totally off the wall, not resembling what I had input at all.

Broken? or just a stupid clock design? (or a stupid user??)

Thanks!

You will need the time to work properly for subsciption music. Even if you do not use subscription music now, you probably don’t want to eliminate the option of ever using subscription music later.

If the firmware update or duct taping the watch to your player doesn’t work, then return the player. You could call Sandisk and have them trouble shoot the problem over the phone, but I would not want to mess with a brand new player. I would expect it to work right out of the box.

I have this problem with my Sansa e260 too. It will not keep time either. No matter how many times I reset the clock somewhere down the road I will look at the player and the time will be way off by hours maybe even days weeks or month IDK. Does it not keep time when it is turn off? Not a problem for me though, since I use my cell phone (which keeps perfect time). Sounds like I need it to keep time if I use subcription service, but I don’t at the moment. I use Windows XP. Does the player try to syncronize with Windows XP’s clock everytime you plug it in through USB and gets screwed up or something?