e250

i currently own a sandisk e250 while i was charging it. The lighting icon is suppose to appear and and the green bar is suppose to move but i dont’ see that. I’ve been charging it for about 1 day now but i don’t think i’m getting any progress. Is the lighting icon suppose to appear and disappear? 

3 possibilities:

1. Bad cable. Try another.
  2. Completely dead battery. Buy another.
  3. Bad charging circuitry within the unit. Buy another player.

hi charged the mp3 player with my a/c adapter and it worked that’s good but when i plug it in my laptop it wont’ see the device?

Check this Knowledgebase Article.

jamesyu001 wrote:
hi charged the mp3 player with my a/c adapter and it worked that’s good but when i plug it in my laptop it wont’ see the device?

Well, that’s good! The problem with laptops is that they are made to ‘conserve’ energy and power, not ‘expend’ it. So many times they do not put out enough power to the USB ports to charge or ‘power’ a device. Some laptops do, some don’t.

You do need to figure out your connection issues though. The easiest connection to make is with your player set to MSC mode in Settiings > USB Mode. Then your copmputer should see it as just another storage device (like a memory stick or thumb drive).

i just updated my firmware but it take the computer a while to see the device? Is that normal or not?

Message Edited by jamesyu001 on 07-30-2010 02:29 AM