E250 V03.01.16A Freezes with 8GB sd card

Windows always shows me the internal memory and the external uSD card so I can easily add music and access the files.

When I added the 8gb card the player let me see the card yesterday but now it wont show…only the internal mem shows.

If I unplug the player from the usb, it disconnects normally but it doesnt refresh like it does with the 1gb card. It just freezes at the main menu.

I tried doing a little research but I havent seen any problems like mine. It’s so strange that I had access to it yesterday and everything was fine.

All of a sudden…*poof*  =\

Do you have something else that can read the card? Just to make sure the card itself hasn’t gone bad.

If it can, I suggest getting the files off it that you need and then formatting the card to FAT32 and trying again. 

i just ordered a card reader from ebay. ill do what you said as soon as it shows. hopefully the card isnt faulty

@bobnash wrote:

Windows always shows me the internal memory and the external uSD card so I can easily add music and access the files.

When I added the 8gb card the player let me see the card yesterday but now it wont show…only the internal mem shows.

If I unplug the player from the usb, it disconnects normally but it doesnt refresh like it does with the 1gb card. It just freezes at the main menu.

I tried doing a little research but I havent seen any problems like mine. It’s so strange that I had access to it yesterday and everything was fine.

All of a sudden…*poof*  =\

If your computer is ‘seeing’ your player as internal memory & external card (as shown in your screen shot) then your player is in MTP mode. Or you have it set on Auto Defect (which defaults to MTP whenever possible).

To see it as 2 separate drives, set it to MSC mode manually in the Settings menu. You computer will then assign each memory source with a separate drive letter.