E250 V.1

Hi All,

I’ve been searching the forum high and low and haven’t been able to find an answer to my problem, hopefully someone can help.

I have a e250 V1, I just updated the firmware to 01.02.24.

When I connect to PC in MTP Mode, my player is recognised, I can see all the folders and drag and drop music into the music folder no worries. But when I try to drag and drop pics or vids to their respective folders I get an error message.

“the file is not supported on this device. The device can accept only audio, playlist, audio album and folder files”

So still in MTP mode, I try using Sandisks Media Converter…still can’t, I drag the file across the the converter and nothing, just the black cirlce with a line through it.

Then I reconnect in MSC mode, both player and mem card get recognised and assigned a drive letter, Now in the player all the folders are present except for the music folder…wierd and I can drag and drop pics and vids into the mem card no worries. But when I disconect and reboot, I can’t see the files on the mem card.

Also, I my music folder I have 96 songs, but when I play all songs, it will show 1/52 etc, it’s not seeing all the files. I have named all the files, title, artist, genre, etc and some still show on the dispay as unknown !

Anyway, thanks for reading,

Cheers,

Wayne. 

You HAVE to use Sansa Media Converter to look at pics and vids on the player.

Try installing Quicktime first, then trying SMC again. You have to be patient- SMC is a really crappy slow piece of software.

As far as music, are you sure that they’re mp3s in the right format for the Sansa?

Try deleting or adding one, so it “refreshes” the database. Everytime you turn it on it just goes with what it remembers- the database gets ‘changed’ only when you add or delete files. If the database didn’t get refreshed, it might not be seeing all your songs.

AutobahnSHO wrote:

Try deleting or adding one, so it “refreshes” the database. Everytime you turn it on it just goes with what it remembers- the database gets ‘changed’ only when you add or delete files. If the database didn’t get refreshed, it might not be seeing all your songs.

It’s worse than that.  To make sure it picks up changes to the tags, you need to delete the files you’re changing, then refresh the database, then add them back on.  

Well I sorted the music, kept searching the forum and found the thread about deleting the “database” from the hidden system folders…I did that, copied my mp3’s back across and it worked fine, no more “unknown” songs, so thanks for that.

Ok, thanks Autobahn, I will persevere with SMC.

Cheers.