DVD to Sansa e260 v2

Is it posible with out being able to play DVD’s on comp (have DVD player but can’t play movie DVD’s) and if so how? That is if I can put DVD quality videos on it. If it helps I have the latest firmware.

I’m so confused.

Anyways- if you have a computer that has a DVD player you can rip the DVD to the computer. (Search download.com or goole for “dvd rip” software.) Then you can use media converter to play the dvd on your Sansa.
It will NOT be DVD quality, since it’s only 15 frames per second and a tiny pixel size.

The thinks I put CDs on my computer are DVD compatable (says DVD on them) but I don’t have the software to play DVDs.

You don’t have windows media player or whatever?

You can try VLC Player, look at www.download.com…  (That’s very little compact I think. Great program!)

Ok thanks I do have WMP just when I insert the disc It says it can’t read it and it reads just fine on my DVD player up stairs (posting from the basment).

This is the message I get when I try.

Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. You might need to adjust your Windows display settings. Open display settings in Control Panel, and then try lowering your screen resolution and color quality settings.

Message Edited by GameGeeks on 12-27-2007 05:46 AM

Ok just downloaded that player and it works. Any idea how I can save the files to my computer so I can convert them to the Sansa?

Message Edited by GameGeeks on 12-27-2007 05:53 AM

get a dvd ripping software, like MagicDVD or go here http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?tg=dl-20&qt=dvd%20ripping&tag=srch and look on that list for some dvd ripping software… then make sure you rip the dvd’s into a format the sansa can read and it should work…

What’s the best quality Sansa can handle format wise?

One that the Sansa can read :smiley:

Doh, I need to buy them to use them.

The ones on Download.com should give trials, but there should be some free ones on there somewhere…

There was widow desktop but it only played dvds. I want to transfer some music videos to my sansa.

Go here http://www.sansacommunity.com/home his site has a topic about getting music videos that you find online, and then how to convert them into a compatible format and then put them on your sansa.

They’re not online videos. There on a dvd cd. The kind you put in a dvd player. Cept instead of a movie they’re music videos and an interview.

well that explains everything then! lol

I dunno man, you can probably “find” them somehow, but this is not the place for that kind of stuff… lol

Do’h really don’t want to pay $15 dollars for videos I already own.

:frowning:

Dunno then, if you keep searching, Im sure there is a free one somewhere… I just cant find it right now…

Try download.com

You’ll have to “rip” the dvd to a format that the Sansa media converter can take.

Something like 123copyDVD gold rips DVDs for ipod or psp, which SMC could convert for the sansa…

There’s now a thread in the e200 stickies that tells you how to put DVDs onto the Sansa. 

It’s a lot of work though- is it really worth it??   :smileyvery-happy:

It’ll beat paying $15 dollars for the same videos.

DVD Ripper supports convert dvd to sansa, dvd to sansa converter rip dvd to AVI, WMV or MPEG video format. and doubleclick to begin installation It on your PC.

Message Edited by vrowieo on 05-26-2008 11:15 PM

Message Edited by vrowieo on 05-26-2008 11:16 PM