Duplicate Files

This is practically a repeat post for me but the issue is becomming a big deal again. I will sync files using WMP, usually in Auto mode, this works fine. The issue is duplicate files, It will sync 2 of the same file on the Fuze. This is an issue because of my 10,000 song library. I tried settings in both Modes. Internal memory stops duplicates, external does not. Has anybody else had this issue? What is the silver bullet? And Please dont tell me drag and drop because with a library of this size its not practical. If I add artist A to the fuze I dont wanna have to search thousands of artists to find it again when I get a new album. Ideally what I could do is in WMP Drag the artist name to The Sync pane and hit sync and it should stop duplicates

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 01-01-2009 11:45 PM

@conversionbox wrote:
This is practically a repeat post for me but the issue is becomming a big deal again. I will sync files using WMP, usually in Auto mode, this works fine. The issue is duplicate files, It will sync 2 of the same file on the Fuze. This is an issue because of my 10,000 song library. I tried settings in both Modes. Internal memory stops duplicates, external does not. Has anybody else had this issue? What is the silver bullet? And Please dont tell me drag and drop because with a library of this size its not practical. If I add artist A to the fuze I dont wanna have to search thousands of artists to find it again when I get a new album. Ideally what I could do is in WMP Drag the artist name to The Sync pane and hit sync and it should stop duplicates
Message Edited by Conversionbox on 01-01-2009 11:45 PM

I think I was having this same problem a while back.The problem for me was that I had duplicates in the WMP library(and on my hard drive as I later discovered. If you open the “songs” list on WMP…scroll through itand look for duplicates. You can narrow it down alot if you can think of a specific song or album that showed up twice when you sync’d and just open those songs.  If your music library is on MediaMonkey and WMP…then MediaMonkey can show you the duplicate files. If not, then you may have a lot of cleaning up to do of your files. I hope you find an easier resolution than I did:wink:

Nope The only duplicates I have are ones I put there on purpose. The rest are independant.

@conversionbox wrote:
Nope The only duplicates I have are ones I put there on purpose. The rest are independant.

Could it be from playlists then? Other than that, I got nothin’…lol

I doubt it… It happens regardless but the big issue is that it only happens on my SD card. Could it be that I am using a non Sandisk SD Card?

@conversionbox wrote:
I doubt it… It happens regardless but the big issue is that it only happens on my SD card. Could it be that I am using a non Sandisk SD Card?

The only non-compatibility thing I’ve heard of was Kingstons not being good for video. I’m not aware of any other different card issues. 

Well The Card I use is a Lexar 2 gig. So I don’t think its a compatibility issue.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 01-02-2009 03:12 PM