drop a shockwave flash object onto sansa clip corrupts o/s-error"refreshing database"

If you mistakenly drag and drop a shockwave flash object from your local PC directory to sansa clip, you corrupt the sansa clip operating system. When re-boot the sansa clip, the clip progresses about 70% with error message “refreshing database”, but fails to boot successfully. If press-‘hold’ button on sansa clip, the device fails to boot. It locks with error message "refeshing database’ but does not load the clip operating system.

This was a user mistake to drag and drop all .mp3 files within the PC directory, one of which was of file type shockwave flash object.

Help !

I received a solution on the e200 forum. Must I boot in MSC mode and re-format the sansa clip ? Could somebody please confirm the procedure to resolve this issue ?

Andre

@awannenburg wrote:

If you mistakenly drag and drop a shockwave flash object from your local PC directory to sansa clip, you corrupt the sansa clip operating system. When re-boot the sansa clip, the clip progresses about 70% with error message “refreshing database”, but fails to boot successfully. If press-‘hold’ button on sansa clip, the device fails to boot. It locks with error message "refeshing database’ but does not load the clip operating system.

This was a user mistake to drag and drop all .mp3 files within the PC directory, one of which was of file type shockwave flash object.

Help !

I received a solution on the e200 forum. Must I boot in MSC mode and re-format the sansa clip ? Could somebody please confirm the procedure to resolve this issue ?

Andre

There could be a couple fixes for this.     You could do a chkdsk on the device when its connected in msc mode.  (See the FAQ for more details).   Format is always the quickest way to get it working.     The cause of this , I’m not sure , but its possible its too full to recreate the database or that its corrupt and not able to create it.     Format would be my choice,  some people have used Chkdsk.

It could be that the extension .fla is misinterpreted as a .flac file. Just remove the file from the device. If you are already in MSC mode do this.

Turn off the device. Connect it to the computer , it should skip the refresh database.

Navigate to the file and delete.