drm protected media

when I transfer drm protected audio books to my clip I get a message that says syncronize to continue your subscription.

and the books wont play. if I transfer from overdrive or wmp it does the same thing.

you might have connected your clip on MSC mode. When you do so, DRMed music don’t play. Just turn on your player go in Settings>USB mode and select MTP.

Then, try again

For Overdrive books, you’ll need to be in MTP mode, and use the Overdrive Media Console to transfer the license.

MTP mode, in turn, is dependent upon Windows Media Player 10 or 11.  Either version must be installed.

If the license is not transferring, open the device manager with the Sansa connected in MTP mode, then check properties for the device listed as “media device”.  If all is OK here (repair is basic, uninstall the device, unplug, wait 10 seconds, then plug in again- or better yet, reboot, then plug in afterwards).

Try retransferring your books using the console.  If this is yet unsuccessful:

Lastly, back up your music, then format the device.  Starting with a clean slate, the authorization may finally work.  The hard part in this last effort is that the device will have to be reloaded, as it erases your music.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: