Don't know what to expect with Ultra Fit 256GB?

I recently got a Sandisk Ultra Fit 256GB for my Kodi media center. When I plugged it in to my Xbox, it came up with a notification if I want to format it for games or not. But… I noticed something a little strange about the device title above… it said it was apparently a “Sandisk USB 3.2 Gen 1 Device.” When I was going to purchase it on Amazon it said it was USB 3.1 Gen 2 or USB 3.1 Gen 1. In my Samsung Odyssey Book, when I go to eject in the bottom right hand corner, it also says “Sandisk USB 3.2 Gen 1 Device.” So now I am confused… am I acting delusional, is it the seller on Amazon that is delusional, or is it some other USB 3 naming scheme that I don’t know yet??? Need to know the hardware interface of my Ultra Fit.

Hi @Ruby,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the SD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://kb.sandisk.com/app/ask

It seems like you’re mentioning “Ultra Fit 256GB,” which could be a product, but the context is a bit unclear. If “Ultra Fit 256GB” refers to a USB flash drive or a similar storage device, here’s a general explanation:

1. Storage Capacity:
  • A 256GB Ultra Fit likely indicates a USB flash drive with a storage capacity of 256 gigabytes. This is a significant amount of space for storing files, documents, photos, and even large videos.
  1. Compact Size:
  • The term “Ultra Fit” often suggests that the device is designed to be compact and portable. It may be a small USB drive that fits into USB ports without protruding much, making it convenient for use with laptops or other devices.
  1. Transfer Speeds:
  • USB drives like the Ultra Fit usually have varying data transfer speeds. Higher-quality ones tend to offer faster read and write speeds, allowing for quicker file transfers.
  1. Plug-and-Play:
  • USB flash drives are typically “plug-and-play,” meaning you can easily connect them to a USB port on your computer, and they’ll work without the need for additional software installations.
  1. Use Cases:
  • You can use a device like the Ultra Fit for tasks such as transferring files between computers, creating backups, or carrying important documents with you on the go.