Does the Connection / charging plug change from model to model as Sansa upgrades their products.

I’m looking at the fuze for my first mp3 player.  I’m curious about investing in accessories for this product that will be usable for future Sansa mp3 players if I upgrade to a future model.

Has Sansa kept the same connectivity plug configuration for past models like the e260 as they use with the Fuze.  Or will I be faced to get new power plugs / fm transmitters / speaker systems if I stay with the Sansa brand for many years to come.

I’m hoping if I stick with the Sansa brand - that the plug configuration will stay consistent as new models come out?  What are the odds?  What has the recent company history been?

Thanks

Message Edited by fireball on 01-17-2009 09:44 AM

The c200, e200, and View all use the same connector. I can’t be sure about any others, but I think a few other models use the same connector as well.

@fireball wrote:

I’m looking at the fuze for my first mp3 player.  I’m curious about investing in accessories for this product that will be usable for future Sansa mp3 players if I upgrade to a future model.

Has Sansa kept the same connectivity plug configuration for past models like the e260 as they use with the Fuze.  Or will I be faced to get new power plugs / fm transmitters / speaker systems if I stay with the Sansa brand for many years to come.

I’m hoping if I stick with the Sansa brand - that the plug configuration will stay consistent as new models come out?  What are the odds?  What has the recent company history been?

Thanks

Message Edited by fireball on 01-17-2009 09:44 AM

The e200 series, the Connect, the View, and the Fuze, all have the same connector. The thing with the fuze, is that the connector is slightly off center, but this may not be a problem, especially if your accessory connects to the player thru the headphone jack.