Does Not Show Up On Computer..

Ok, so I have had this Fuze for about a year… and on my sister’s computer it can charge, never tried to add music on it. But anyways I jus got a laptop last week, and my Sansa does not charge on it, nor show up in the computer… The Sansa screen does say it is connected, so I don’t know what the problem is… ANy help would be appreciated. =) 

Laptops are funny; somoetimes they don’t put out enough horsepower for charging. I assume you’ve tried all the different ports on it and have had it (the laptop) plugged into its life-line at the time?

Try MSC mode on the player to assure easiest data connection. don’t use the Auto Defect setting.

Laptops are funny; sometimes they don’t put out enough horsepower for charging. I assume you’ve tried all the different ports on it and have had it (the laptop) plugged into its life-line at the time?

Try MSC mode on the player to assure easiest data connection. Don’t use the Auto Defect setting.

How does it say that it’s connected and doesn’t charge?

Try changing USB mode to MSC.

Check the power saving settings. With some settings the USB reverts to USB1 to save power. This is especially true if the notebook is not plugged into AC power.

I tried all USB ports. And I cannot change any setting… the wheel is broken… =( so I guess I am S.O.L??

I was talking about the power saving settings on the notebook. How did the wheel on the player break? If you have it for less than a year(or perhaps 2 years in parts of Europe), you can call Sandisk and have it replaced under the warranty.

Message Edited by JK98 on 04-16-2010 12:02 AM