Does it matter what is the langugue in the settings / menu?

Im going to buy the clip+ and want to use few languages for the mp3 names…and see them correctly.

Thanks

Its important to know before I will buy the Clip+ and also becouse I have thousands songs in dozens of folders…
I dont want to make them and do all the hard work for nothing…

You should set the language for whatever you’re comfortable with. When set, the language preference will display all the menus, options and on-screen messages in that language. I don’t believe (but I could be wrong) that it really affects the song titles, etc. That information comes directly from the ID3 tags of the song files themselves and I think is displayed as written.

Having said that though, the format of the tags does have something to do with the way they are read and the ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 (Latin) format works best. Unfortunately, this format is not the best for certain non Latin-based languages.

@tapeworm wrote:

You should set the language for whatever you’re comfortable with. When set, the language preference will display all the menus, options and on-screen messages in that language. I don’t believe (but I could be wrong) that it really affects the song titles, etc. That information comes directly from the ID3 tags of the song files themselves and I think is displayed as written.

Having said that though, the format of the tags does have something to do with the way they are read and the ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 (Latin) format works best. Unfortunately, this format is not the best for certain non Latin-based languages.

I installed M3tag. when I look at the song it write in one of the column that the format is ID2.3 is that the real one of the song or the onw set in the options of M3tag - so that format will be written…if I change the ID??