Does anyone have an E260 schematic?

I wish to rewire my Griffin I-trip with a headphone plug instead of the 15 terminal USB plug that it ordinarily used…  Does anyone know which wires are Ground, left channel, and right channel??  There are 5 leads:  Black, Red, Orange, Yellow and violet.

I can’t use the Griffin the usual way because the Sansa goes into the “connected-writing-connected” mode instead of play…  (See my previous posts) Yes I’ve tried updating the firmware, reformatting, changing settings, etc. to no avail, and my warranty is expired an Sandisk is of NO help.  I don’t want to throw it away and sure as H…l am not going to buy another of the same type.

Thanks,

Dale

Which version of the iTrip do you have? iPod (incompatible), Sansa (should work correctly), Universal (unknown)? Have you tried contacting Griffin?

I actually have 2 of the Griffin Itrip for Sansa, they both perform identically.

Thanks,

Dale

Try putting Rockbox on your player (assuming it’s a v1, or hopefully soon the v2 port will be ready).  With Rockbox up and running, press and hold the center select button while connecting to the iTrip.  Rockbox recognizes that the center select button is being held down while connecting as an indicator that the user merely wants to tap into the power source rather than make a data connection.  Hence, the player will not try to connect for file transfer.  Whether the audio out will be enabled is another question, but it’s worth a shot at trying.