Does any of the clip players have built in Equalizer and if not, is there any software...

Guys, does any of the clip players have built in Equalizer and if not, is there any software that you can use to batch process a bunch of files and to change the sound a bit?

I’m having a hard time finding headphones that I like and to me, the higher frequencies are very sharp and sound like crap and no midrange.

So, it’s either my ears or the headphones but since I have very little chance to go to a store and try on headphones and the three pairs I’ve tried (mind you, I think two of them are identical) sound about the same, it might be my ears and if so, then maybe an equalizer approach might be an option.

Also, it would be cool IF that software could even up volume levels in batch processing.

By the way, I saw in the manual that it had an eq option but didn’t seem to have an equalizer where you adjust the different bands/frequencies manually.

Thanks

George

The Zip has a quite usable graphic 5-Band equalizer. There’s a few genre presets (of doubtful value) and a customizable EQ.

Under «Settings» / «System Settings» you’ll find the «Replay Gain» option which is meant for equalizing the loudness differences among the tracks. I have no experience with it, though.

All Clip models have quite usable graphic 5-Band equalizers. There’s a few genre presets (of doubtful value) and a customizable EQ.

Under «Settings» / «System Settings» you’ll find the «Replay Gain» option which is meant for equalizing the loudness differences among the tracks. I have no experience with it, though.

Personally, I have disliked the Clips’ equalizer and simply have left it “off.”  But, YMMV (your mileage may vary).

Can you elaborate? To my ears any equalizer is better than none (in the digital domain), since no head-/earphone is perfectly neutral – actually far from that.

Alright guys, I like what I hear.

How much are the different versions and where and do you know if I buy one from someone on ebay if the warranty is transferable? I know it’s not much money but it would still pis* me off if it broke the next.

How long IS the warranty? 1 year I would assume.

Thanks again

George

I think the warranty duration differs from country to country. In mine (Switzerland) it’s two years.

@guiri wrote:

if I buy one from someone on ebay if the warranty is transferable?

No.

@guiri wrote:

How long IS the warranty? 1 year I would assume.

US = 1 year

EU = 2 years

RockBox apparently has a 10 band equalizer which sounds awesome