Do you know any MP3 players/cell phones that have both AM and FM radio tuners?

I’m getting into AM radio, but I am stuck to listening to it in my car or on the computer because I can’t listen to it on my Sansa player or cell phone. I have been searching a little bit for MP3 players that have both AM and FM tuners, but I can’t find them so far. Why do they only include FM tuners with MP3 players? Do they make cell phones/blackberries/iphones/touchphones that include AM and FM tuners now?

@janskeet wrote:

I’m getting into AM radio, but I am stuck to listening to it in my car or on the computer because I can’t listen to it on my Sansa player or cell phone. I have been searching a little bit for MP3 players that have both AM and FM tuners, but I can’t find them so far. Why do they only include FM tuners with MP3 players? Do they make cell phones/blackberries/iphones/touchphones that include AM and FM tuners now?

Because with FM, the ear/headphone cord can double as the antenna. AM on the other hand, requires a bulky (usually) ferrite core wrapped with wire that won’t physically fit in the slim, modern mp3 player format. Besides, good AM reception requires a direct path from the broadcast antenna to the receiving antenna. That’s why you lose your AM reception when going under overpasses or in tunnels when driving in your car. Most people carry their mp3 players in their pockets and as such they wouldn’t be able to receive an adequate signal.