Display Timer 1 GB Clip

Has anyone noticed the Display timer not holding its setting? It comes up with a 15 second on-time. I can change the setting to 30,45,60,90 seconds. Once set all I can do is press center button to exit. No way to back up or ‘enter’. When I open it up it again isback to default 15 second on time setting. Why wont it hold?

And by the way what exactly does the Format command do??

I have not noticed that on the clips I have, but will check it out.

The Format Function Deletes everything from your Clip except the firmware.

@bbrev7 wrote:

Has anyone noticed the Display timer not holding its setting? It comes up with a 15 second on-time. I can change the setting to 30,45,60,90 seconds. Once set all I can do is press center button to exit. No way to back up or ‘enter’. When I open it up it again isback to default 15 second on time setting. Why wont it hold?

And by the way what exactly does the Format command do??

OK, change the timer to 30 seconds…press center. press center again to confirm. Then just hit the home button (the little one upper right) to get out of that screen. That just worked on my Clip.

Right - This worked for me. And I apologize for my Newbie ignorance, as I found I was not understanding or using or stating my use of the buttons correctly.

But more important now is that I notice my power has dropped from 97% to 28% and I havent even used it in between.

I am not sure it is really off or how to properly turn it off.

Could the radio somehow be still playing, or the song, even though I think it is off. I will be sure to check to make sure it reads “GOODBYE” after I charge it up again.

I have this 2 GB clip that is new but the 1 GB is 2 weeks old and it always has 100% power even if I do use it.

I suspect i am not fully turning it off or its not actually going off all the way. any ideas?

This forum is the greatest, by the way.

As you wrote, just be sure it is off.  I try to get into the habit of always putting the player into pause/stop when I am not using it.