directories

I admit I’m not too handy with these mp3 players and albums/songs/genre etc.

I won’t be listening to music with my Clip + player, but have a couple different directories of podcasts I want to listen to.

I see there are Music, AudioBook and Podcasts directories in my computer/sandiskplayer

can I add more directories, can I change those names to my different podcasts?

I want to organize my podcasts on my player in different directories. how to?

also, thank for language help.  i’m in english now.

Treat the podcasts as you would music albums, and give all the podcasts in the same series the same album tag. Use that track number field to put them in the correct order. If there are less than 100 of them, then 2 digit track numbers will be fine. Start numbering them with a leading zero for the one digit numbers, ie. 01, 02,

If there are more than 100 per series, then use 3 digit track numbers, starting with 001, 002, etc. Put them in the podcasts folder on the player. each album of podcasts will appear on the player as a separate album under the podcasts menu.

Thanks.  I’m not too handy with music on a computer.  But I got it figured out.  I got Media Monkey and it can do what I need.

My question is along the lines of directories.  I create directories/folders on my Sansa Clip while it’s plugged into my computer.  I add or change folder names, and the next time I plug it into my computer, the names reverted back to “New Folder” or whatever it was before I edited it.  I tried using “Rename” and also changing the name in Properties.  It doesn’t matter.  It does it both on the internal folders and the external folders on my memory card.  WHY is it not holding my folder/directory names?

@grammyh52 wrote:

My question is along the lines of directories.  I create directories/folders on my Sansa Clip while it’s plugged into my computer.  I add or change folder names, and the next time I plug it into my computer, the names reverted back to “New Folder” or whatever it was before I edited it.  I tried using “Rename” and also changing the name in Properties.  It doesn’t matter.  It does it both on the internal folders and the external folders on my memory card.  WHY is it not holding my folder/directory names?

Are you using MTP mode, or the infamous Auto Defect Mode (which is usually the same thing)? It’s goofy like that.

Also, feel free to organize your content folders any way you want. For example, under my player’s Music folder, I have all of my CDs, one per folder using the name of the CD as the folder name. For Podcasts, I have a Podcast folder on my player, and then under that, subfolders for each of the podcast series I listen to (the subfolders holding multiple episodes/files). The Clips find 'em.

As to the player’s renaming of folders of files: the MTP USB mode on the player can do that. Resetting to MSC USB mode (under the player’s settings, under USB) can avoid this.

Thank you.  I switched to MSC as you stated.  I renamed them AGAIN and unplugged the SansClip and it stayed.  Let’s hope it holds until the next time!