Digital Media Port

The Sansa Fuze has a Media Port that appears to be the same as the I-Pod.  This port lets the I-Pod work with various external devices such as amplifiers, etc.  I have a Sony DVD home theater system with this type port adapter.  The Sansa Fuze attaches to the Sony Digital Media Port Adapter but I have not been able to make it function with the Sony System. In looking at the Sony instructions it says for use with I-Pod and other MP-3 players. Does anyone have knowledge about the Digital Media Port and if it should work with my type system. 

Ok… Whatever you do, DO NOT plug an iPod cable into the Fuze! Evidently, you will fry your Fuze. It may look like it, but it doesn’t fit.

If you find a little cable on your theater system that plugs into a headphone jack, or a port that allows a cable that plugs into your headphone jack and into your system, then use that. Also, search the forums before you post a thread. This has been noted before.

Good luck with your system!

The ports and respective plugs of both the Sansa players & Ipods look very similar and one can be forced ionto the other. But the pins are wired differently. So . . .

NEVER, EVER, EVER

try to use your Sansa player with anything designed for, or that plugs into an Ipod!!!

It will very quickly

it! :dizzy_face:

The ports and respective plugs of both the Sansa players & Ipods look very similar and one can be forced into the other. But the pins are wired differently. So . . .

NEVER, EVER, EVER

try to use your Sansa player with anything designed for, or that plugs into an Ipod!!!

It will very quickly

it! :dizzy_face: