Did I buy a lemon???

I just bought my Clip+ and I can’t get it to work at all.  It’s fully charged (over 12 hrs) and I updated the firmware.  But all it does is turn on and off when connected to the computer, and then it sometimes takes over 20 seconds (did the reset option which didn’t do anything).  Cannot get it to stay on when not connected to the computer.  None of the other buttons are working.  Pretty dead.  I was able to sync some music which shows up when I check Win Explorer.  Using a Win 7 system.  What now? 

Did you buy it used? It seems like the battery may be dead. Return it for a refund or replacement.

Bought it brand new from Amazon. Thanks, Sue

Did you remove the sticker from the screen? For the first 15 minutes after I charged my device I could not understand why it is not turning on and only then I realized I had to remove the sticker to see the real screen. The sticker was hard to remove and the whole thing was not very intuitive…

Elena–

Thanks so much for that tip!  It was the sticker – nothing wrong with the Clip!  Yesterday I was picking at the tiny tab on the right but it was solidly on it so I was doubting that was the answer.  Since I was thinking of returning it I did not want to give Amazon the excuse that I damaged the unit.  The quick set-up directions are just awful so Sansa is at fault.  Don’t believe the manual mentions it either.   So now I have to go back to Amazon to cancel the replacement order.  And I have to reload the music I transferred as well.   How can Sansa design and manufacture such an elegant little gadget but fail so completely on the documents?! 

@sooz wrote:

Elena–

Thanks so much for that tip!  It was the sticker – nothing wrong with the Clip!  Yesterday I was picking at the tiny tab on the right but it was solidly on it so I was doubting that was the answer.  Since I was thinking of returning it I did not want to give Amazon the excuse that I damaged the unit.  The quick set-up directions are just awful so Sansa is at fault.  Don’t believe the manual mentions it either.   So now I have to go back to Amazon to cancel the replacement order.  And I have to reload the music I transferred as well.    How can Sansa design and manufacture such an elegant little gadget but fail so completely on the documents?! 

Why? Anything you transferred should still be there.

And electronic items or anything with a clear screen or faceplate have been coming with protective film covers for decades. It would be nice though if there were something that said “Remove protective film before using”.

I deleted all my music files before packing it up for shipping.  The protective film was not obvious at all and hard to remove unless you more aggressively picked at it.  Had me fooled this time.  Thanks, Sue

Well that would explain it. On the positive side, look at the practice you’re getting trransferring files. :laughing:

Well that would explain it. On the positive side, look at the practice you’re getting transferring files. :laughing: