Device won't connect

The device won’t connect to my pc. When I plug it in it will charge the battery but the PC will not see it. I have formated it. I tryed the manual connection method. On my other clip autodetect is checked the brocken one is not and won’t let me. Also the brocken one won’t let me use the reset. What do you think?

The solution is very simply:

1: Download firmware

1. Put device in recovery mode

2. Delete the file you see called version.txt

3. Paste the firmware file you downloaded inside, change the name to sansa.fmt

4. Thank me later!

I think thanks would be more deserving if you told him how to do all this on a unit that doesn’t connect.

@hoffermatt1 wrote:
On my other clip autodetect is checked the brocken one is not and won’t let me. Also the brocken one won’t let me use the reset. What do you think?

Could you explain this further?  You’ve attempted to change the USB mode on your Clip, and use “Reset All” on its Settings menu?  And it won’t let you?  What happens when you try to do these things?

Might be he has 2 devices. Referring to the “brocken one” as the one that does not connect.

@chux wrote:
Might be he has 2 devices. Referring to the “brocken one” as the one that does not connect.

OK, but in either case, when someone says “it won’t let me,” more information is needed.

I would expand on that. Tell us exactly what happens when not connected, when connecting supply at least the os, usb mode and firmware rev if known.

@promisedplanet wrote:

OK, but in either case, when someone says “it won’t let me,” more information is needed.

Yeah, I still can’t understand whats going on. :smileyvery-happy:

We are waiting for more information mr. hoffermatt1. 

Or on a unit that this procedure could actually work on. The Clip does not have a recovery mode.

@cwigg208 wrote:

The solution is very simply:

1: Download firmware

1. Put device in recovery mode
  1. Delete the file you see called version.txt
  1. Paste the firmware file you downloaded inside, change the name to sansa.fmt
  1. Thank me later!

@dave61430 wrote:

I think thanks would be more deserving if you told him how to do all this on a unit that doesn’t connect.

Or if the procedure you’re recommending would work on the player. The Clip does not have  a Recovery mode. :wink: