device not recognized by Windows

Hi

I have a problem with my device, I saw many posts here with similar issue, so not sure how to refer as I saw no soluiton.

When I plug my device to USB socket, Windows will try to install drivers but will complain the device is not recognized.

I can see new driver added on ‘my computer’ as memory card, but it is inaccessible

If I try to remove the driver from installed drivers, it will reinstall with same issue

If I connect using advice I saw here (hold and press center button) it will be recongized but only for this session, furthermore, when I do it, I cannot see or delete songs I stored there beofre, but I can add new songs.

In any case I can play these songs.

Any way to reolve or format the device? 

@rsegoly wrote:

Hi

I have a problem with my device, I saw many posts here with similar issue, so not sure how to refer as I saw no soluiton.

When I plug my device to USB socket, Windows will try to install drivers but will complain the device is not recognized.

I can see new driver added on ‘my computer’ as memory card, but it is inaccessible

If I try to remove the driver from installed drivers, it will reinstall with same issue

If I connect using advice I saw here (hold and press center button) it will be recongized but only for this session, furthermore, when I do it, I cannot see or delete songs I stored there beofre, but I can add new songs.

In any case I can play these songs.

Any way to reolve or format the device? 

The issue you’re having sounds like your PC recognizes the device in MSC mode but not MTP. So to solve your problem you can format the device using its internal settings, and then got to the settings and choose MSC from the usb mode options, and then add new files.

Please exaplain more

Format by using the option from my computer like any other drive?

Where do I choose MTP? 

Dont Format using Windows yet. I dont have my clip in front of me and dont remember what the actuall steps are. Hopefully somebody else can give you this info  in the next 2 hours before I can get home and look it up.

On the device go to

Settings>USBMode>Select MSC.

That will force a permanent MSC connection. You wont see the MTP content. You might first reformat and start over.

Go to Settings>Format>Select Yes

I advise you to update the firmware while you are here.

It all went well. Thanks