Device is "disconnected" when trying to copy files

When i try to copy files from my computer to the sansa clip it gives this error : (i’ll will translate it, so the message in english could be a little different)

“my_song.mp3 cannot be copied: the device stop responding or it disconnected”

The devise is not disconnected because i can delete files (i deleted a mp3 that came with the device). I try to copy the firmware but it gives me the same message. I have WMP 11. I hold the power button for 15 seconds when it was on and off and nothing changed. Any suggestion is welcome.

Suggestion:  Format your device using the Format option in the device Settigns.  Then upgrade to the latest firmware at this link

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&thread.id=718

Then try again to see if you still have the same problem.

I can’t find the post that help me but i put de hold key and then while connecting it to the usb port i pressed the home key (or the key that has a home on top…)

i will update the firmware anyway

thanks

I think you might not do it right…you put device into HOLD and press-n-hold the center button (not the home key), the button in the middle of the ring WHILE plugging in the device…do not plug device in first and press-n-hold the button, it won’t work…you have to press-n-hold the button WHILE plugging in.