Dead 2GB Sansa Express2

Forgive me if is info is posted somewhere else…

I experienced a COMPLETELY DEAD express… I have know idea what I could have done, if any, to have made it happen. I’ve had the unit close to a year and have have several problems I had to find workarounds myself to get the thing back up and working.

The latest problem was that a day after I charged it and changed the music selection around (deleted songs, and added some more). It shut off normal, but when I tried to turn it on the next day, nothing. No startup screen, nothing. I first checked the lock switch. It was turned off. I tried connecting back to my PC to see if the computer would detect it. Nothing.

After looking on this forum, I came across a method of pressing several buttons at once to get it to come on. The method was:

Press the Power button, and the “+” Volume button at the same time… Well, that didn’t work either.

What DID work was this method:

Press the Power button, the “+” Volume button, and the “>>|” Forward Button at the same time.

I don’t know what that did, but it worked.

Does ANYONE know what this does?  Or have a link to other methods? 

By the way… I have a Windows XP system and the Express has 1.01.05 one it.

Correction:   Firmware Verison: 1.01.05a2

and I have 388MB memory left on the device, and I have not tried to use the mircoSD card yet.

@chipc1114 wrote:

Correction:   Firmware Verison: 1.01.05a2

and I have 388MB memory left on the device, and I have not tried to use the mircoSD card yet.

To reset your Express, press the center “Select” and  the “+” buttons at the same time.