Dash cam problem

hi I have resently bought a nextbase 422gw dash cam and rear camera I have been having problems with the camera stopping and shutting down.
I have a scandisk memory card high endurance 128 being used.
I contacted nextbase about the camera problem and they are saying that the problem is down to the memory card and I should buy one of there memory cards as scandisk cards are not compatabile with dash cameras.
only there cards work correctly in there dash cams it’s work fine for a month till I started having problems with the camera.
are they correct do I need to pay way over the odds to purchace one of there cards
Thanks for reading hope someone may help

I have the same problem. Nextbase tell everyone the same answer to their problem and point them to Sandisk’s Limited guarantee. I can’t find any statement saying Sandisk is incompatable. They also say they design their own cards to suit their camera, well why not design their camera to suit commonly available cards? IMO it’s a scam to make you pay more for their cards. Of course Sandisk are not going to accept responsibility if a card failure leads to loss of life. Neither are Nextbase. My sister’s Nextbase camera does exactly the same malfunction. It’s common. When you actually need your dashcam footage, you can be sure that Nextbase will need reformatting and will have missed it. I’ve had dirt cheap 1080P dashcams that functioned perfectly with any old SD card. I have Sandisk SD cards in any number of cameras and they always operate perfectly. I am convinced that even if you bought a Nexbase SD card, there would be some other excuse why it doesn’t work. I simply cannot imagine why a major camera manufacturer would design a camera that doesn’t work with market leading SD Cards? In future, I will stick with dirt cheap dashcams, they’re more reliable.

thank you for your reply
the camera works fine on its own with any mem card but as soon as I plug the rear view camera in it works for 2 10min drives then just switches it self off at random times… like your self I have had cheap cameras and they have work flawlessly with any mem card…
I thought seeing as someone hit my car in the rear and won the insurance claim I would invest in a decent camera that records the rear of the car also so I thought…
So after spending over £160 on the nextbase cam with back window camera I thought great and bought a 128 gig card with exact spec of the nextbase cards why they can’t supply a card with a expensive cam I do not know just takes the piss…
so they keep telling me its the card I need there card at over 60 quid extra on top of the 160 and that any other mem card won’t work…
I saved up for that camera as was expensive to me thinking I would be getting a great product but just get ripped off with an extra hidden expense I can’t afford they should tell you when you purchace these that you will need there card and no others will work and you need to pay them an extra 60 quid…
so I can’t afford the extra mem card so just wasted 160 pounds on nothing at all a total waste of money so so annoyed…
they should work with another mem card apart from there expensive cards 3 to 4 times the cost of others

sorry for the rant but 160 pounds out of pocket to upgrade to exactly the same as I had at 30 pounds
ARRRRR /(+’=) %) %(+:-&