Damaged Clip (not the unit, the attachment on the back)

How can I go about getting another clip for the rear of the unit?

I’ve had it almost a year now, love the device, but after daily use at work, the clip simply exploded and the pin and spring are no longer.

Tried to search, but searching for “clip” on this site is definitely a joke. :slight_smile:

@warmpepsi wrote:

How can I go about getting another clip for the rear of the unit?

I’ve had it almost a year now, love the device, but after daily use at work, the clip simply exploded and the pin and spring are no longer.

Tried to search, but searching for “clip” on this site is definitely a joke. :slight_smile:

As far as I know, you can’t. For a while they were available for sale, but I don’t think that they are anymore. A shame, since so many people broke them.

anything else that works for another product to slide in the back?   I can’t see this thing lasting being thrown around, set down, stuffed in my pocket.

I’ve got the same problem.

If you’re in the US you can order one from here:

I’m in the UK, so am looking for a supplier locally, as they won’t ship overseas.

@fatboy686 wrote:

I’m in the UK, so am looking for a supplier locally, as they won’t ship overseas.

Nice find! They used to only sell them in 3-packs, and they were out of stock for  along time.

Ditto for that find–especially with so many people asking about this.

Ah, but:  $6 shipping for the $4.99 clip!

Message Edited by Miikerman on 10-21-2009 02:13 PM

sweet!   awesome.

I ordered 2. just in case.      the second one was only another .45 cents on shipping… like a 2nd clip is going to cost any more to ship than a single one…

thanks again.

I’ll update when I get it, to make sure all is good.

@fatboy686 wrote:

Well, that’s new! Those definitely weren’t there last time I checked. Maybe SanDisk is still upgrading and tweaking their website.

The website also has online chat–I don’t recall if that was there earlier.

Well, i’ve got good news, and i’ve got better news.

The Good:  It’s the right clip for the Clip.

Better news:  When you buy them, they’re selling them in 3 packs!  I ordered 2… and got 6!

Clip clip problem solved!!!

Thanks, that’s very good to know!  The clip on one of my Clips is starting to crack, too.  Three should be enough!

@kmk_01kmk wrote:
Thanks, that’s very good to know!  The clip on one of my Clips is starting to crack, too.  Three should be enough!

yep.  Just a fair warning… it ships in a box big enough for a large phonebook, but alas, could fit inside a ring box.

@warmpepsi wrote:

Better news:  When you buy them, they’re selling them in 3 packs!  I ordered 2… and got 6!

you mean

Clip clip

Clip clip

Clip clip

Clip clip

Clip clip

Clip clip

problems solved! :smileyvery-happy:

@warmpepsi wrote:

Out of curiosity, where does it say they’re a 3 pack?  It seems to be one clip for $4.99 according to the website.  Did you find it out when you got your shipment that 1clip order means 3 actual units?

hi tnmats,

It does not say anywhere that it is a 3 pack, so I ordered 2.  Just got the box today and I got 2 - 3 packs (6 clips total). And yes it is $4.99/3 pack.

@jas32 wrote:

hi tnmats,

It does not say anywhere that it is a 3 pack, so I ordered 2.  Just got the box today and I got 2 - 3 packs (6 clips total). And yes it is $4.99/3 pack.

Cool.  Thanks for the info.

BTW, if you see the clip starting to crack, try what I did: drop a dab of epoxy glue on the crack on front and back of the clip.  I saw a crack forming at the spring but it was about 1-2mm long.  I dabbed some epoxy glue I had and after a few months it seems to have arrested the crack.  Likely the blop of glue acted as both a stress reliever and reinforced the plastic in the area.