csgewx.exe file deleted!

Hi all so my big problem is that i connected my sansa clip+ 4Gb on my laptop and then out of nowhere my antivirus started deleting files from my mp3 player saying that they were viruses and one of those files is the one listed on my post title.! so now i cant access any folder on my mp3 player becouse it says that the csgewx.exe file cant be found and it was the one supposed to control all the direct access.! i tryed deleting one of the unusable direct access and making a new folder but it says that folder already exists.! oh and i still can listen to music and everything i just cant put in new ones! so if anybody knows how to fix this pls let me knooooow :(!

btw my antivirus is Panda and its on Windows Vista =/!

thanks!

Can you still connect your player to your computer, and the player connects up?  If so, you can manually apply the latest firmware–see the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum.  Hopefully, that will fix matters.

That’s an odd message.  There aren’t any executable files in the data areas of the Sansa, either, these are denoted with the extension exe.

Go to the Clip+ Firmware thread and download the firmware, unzip it, then install manually.

You can manually force an MSC connection by starting with the Clip+ turned OFF, and hold the center button depressed while connecting to the USB port.  Wait until the display shows “connected” and the device will then be accessible using Windows Explorer (My Computer / Computer).

Next in line is that antivirus application.  The safest thing to do is to disable the autorun function in windows, so that executable files on any removable media (fancy term for “thingies we cram in the USB port”) will not open automatically.  Keeping a flash drive free of viruses involves a few basic steps.  First and foremost, the individual computers that you use that flash drive must each have proper antivirus applications running on them.

It’s a red flag if your antivirus application begins pulling files willy-nilly from the removable media.  The reserved partition of the Sansa has firmware data only; this isn’t normally accessed.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Yep I can still connect my player to my computer and see whats inside it, I can open everything thats outside a folder, but the folders when i try opening them it shows me that message :S! I tryed updating the firmware but that didnt worked =( any other ideas? hehe 

about the antivirus thing you mention i really dont know why did it happen, becouse i always scan my player on my desktop computer with malwareBytes and Avast! Antivirus and no problem or whatsoever has been found! it was the panda antivirus that went crazy and deleted a lot of files on my player by its own and i cant get those back =/! any other ideas? :(!

also i should mention that i decided to delete a folder and create a new one with the same name, but apparently what i deleted was a direct access, the folder is still there somewhere, becouse when i tryed creating the folder with the same name it says that there is an existing folder with that name already =S!

Maybe you should just ask the Panda support techs about this.  They may be able to tell you how to recover that file and anything else the antivirus software deleted.

I always set my antivirus software to just quarantine any suspected files in case those are needed files and it’s a false positive for a virus.

@desertwinds wrote:

Yep I can still connect my player to my computer and see whats inside it, I can open everything thats outside a folder, but the folders when i try opening them it shows me that message :S! I tryed updating the firmware but that didnt worked =( any other ideas? hehe 

Did you follow the instructions in the firmware upgrade sticky thread above, to do a manual upgrade?