Cruzer Blade will not format

I was thinking more along the lines of Windows Explorer and RIGHT clicking on the folders and selecting Properties for removing the Read Only attribute.  Similar approach with the drive label.  Probably just another wild idea but you never know until you try.

Hi Sir,

I am purchase for 8 GB Pendrive Scan Disk in Powersoft Computers, Kadapa. My Pendrive is not formated. This pendrive Protected.

My Name is : R.Venkata Subbaiah

My Mobile No: 9492415143

New Pendrives are manufactured formatted.  If your’s isn’t, it isn’t new.

It’s either incredibly gutsy or incredibly stupid to post your cell phone number on a public forum for the whole world to see it like that. :confounded:

I had the same problem here.

Yesterday. I wanted to back up some things, but the drive went in the 68mb mode.

I googled, then stopped.

Today I tried, in a different computer, and hey! it’s working.

SO BEFORE YOU TRY TO FORMAT THE USB BY WHATEVER MEANS,

give it a rest, come back, on a different computer, and try.

I havn’t tried on the previous computer.

:slight_smile:

Scorpion King… This link is much appreciated. The HP software is reputable and also is a very quick fix. Anyone having unrecognized Cruzer problems should stop here first! 

Thanks Again! 

Problem Solved

http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=197

This is the solution. 

HP USB Disk Storage Format software

Thank you for the update and link.

Hi Sir,

I am purchase for 8 GB Pendrive Scan Disk  My Pendrive is not formated. This pendrive Protected

how formate this pendrive…

Return it, it is broken.

im an ■■■■■ at this i know… but can you step by step instruct me what to do with this link?? i tried it but still cant solve my issue with formatting… thanks…

I’ll try but you have to tell me what link you are referencing.

I have the same problem with sandisk firebird … i have purchased sandisk firebird slim flash drive …its getting detected …showing in disk management …showing in device manager …but its not getting formatted …or it is not getting open …its a brand new one … i tied HP TOOL discussed in forum … but when i am trying to format it says …the device is write protected…how to format and make in use thhis flash drive …

New devices are manufactured formated.  Reformating them is not necessary.

@mel421 wrote:

I have just brought an 8Gb cruzer blade. When I put it in the computer it shows as Sandisk firebird 64Mb unformatted. When I try to format it gives an error reading. I have tried using partition master and it also cannot format this drive or show the correct drive size.

Using diskpart in windows also doesnt work.

How do I get this 8Gb drive formatted?

shakari715 -

It seems you’re having trouble posting. Are you by any chance using IE9 browser? If so, you must use Compatibility Mode in order for your posts to show up here.

His 1st posting shows up.

@ed_p wrote:

His 1st posting shows up.

Only the “quoted” part. Strange.:confounded:

Only the “quoted” part. Strange.”

This is true!!  :dizzy_face:   Interesting. :neutral_face:

Write protection preventing formatting.  Registry does not contain needed files.