Creating a new playlist

I am wandering how to create a new playlist on my Fuze without the use of Python or a Windoze based media player. If it matters any, I use Linux; specifically, I use KDE 3.5.9 on Ark Linux. I already have several playlists in Amarok. Would it be possible to sync these to my Fuze via MSC mode? (Note: Whenever I have a MP3 player connected and mounted as a flash drive, and Amarok opens, it asks me if I want to treat the supposed flash drive as a media device)

I don’t know much about Amarok, but assuming it supports syncing m3u or m3u8 playlists (i.e. Winamp-style playlists), it should work.  The only catch is that the paths in the playlist must be relative to the location of the playlist.  So put the playlists in the root or MUSIC folders and make sure the paths in the playlists begin with subfolders of that folder.  Fully qualified paths won’t work.  Not sure, but you probably need to use DOS style paths as well (backslash instead of slash).

Would “.\Artis\Album\Song.ogg” work in the .m3u? Amarok does save in .m3u format. As for Winamp-style playlists, I don’t think I could get those, being a hardcore Linux user.

I’ve tried using “…\Music” to allow a playlist to be set in the \playlists directory, but that relative addressing did not work.

I’ve had to put playlists in the root and remove the leading “/” generated by Media Monkey to get them to work.  (They work for both music and audiobooks, but not for podcasts.)

@guyscharf wrote:

I’ve tried using “…\Music” to allow a playlist to be set in the \playlists directory, but that relative addressing did not work.

Yeah, Sansa players don’t seem to be able to traverse folders with the “…” style notation.  Which means you can’t use a separate playlist folder.  All the files in the playlist need to be in child folders of the folder containing the playlist.  Which basically means putting your playlists in either the root or MUSIC folders.

@pikidalto wrote:
Would “.\Artis\Album\Song.ogg” work in the .m3u? Amarok does save in .m3u format. As for Winamp-style playlists, I don’t think I could get those, being a hardcore Linux user.

m3u/m3u8 is Winamp-style.

If your folder structure looks like:

\MUSIC\Artist\Album\Song.ogg

Then you can either put your playlist in the root, in which case the paths should look like:

MUSIC\Artist\Album\Song.ogg

Or put the playlist in the MUSIC folder, in which case the paths should look like:

Artist\Album\Song.ogg