coverflow like ipods

i was wondering if sansafix can add that to the sansa fuze next firmware update. that would be a cool feature to have on there does anyone else agree

Yes, Cover Flow for the Fuze would be very cool.

What is coverflow?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-3HNqvjt1o
Message Edited by delonh24 on 12-20-2008 03:28 PM

It always looked like one of those features that’s cool to look at and play with a bit, but not actually very useful. Its already painful enough to scroll through a list of albums (with the little album covers off)!

Who knows?  I think it looks very nice, judging from the Rockbox YouTube clip.

I don’t want an iPod clone, but a variation on the idea would be nice.  I don’t know how processor intensive it might be, but the album art scroll looks great.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

it would look nice for real i wish i was good at this stuff

@delonh24 wrote:
i was wondering if sansafix can add that to the sansa fuze next firmware update. that would be a cool feature to have on there does anyone else agree

Absolutely not.  First thing I did when they released the new firmware for the 4G Nano was disable Coverflow.  It looks cool on paper but is a horrible feature in practice.

@jfencl wrote:

@delonh24 wrote:

Absolutely not.  First thing I did when they released the new firmware for the 4G Nano was disable Coverflow.  It looks cool on paper but is a horrible feature in practice.

thats your opinion i think it would be great sansa needs to be upgraded instead of have a bland player

@delonh24 wrote:

@jfencl wrote:

@delonh24 wrote:

thats your opinion i think it would be great sansa needs to be upgraded instead of have a bland player

Have you used Coverflow?  Do you like having to stop whatever you are doing, pull the player out of your pocket and hold it to a specific orientation just to change the volume?  I don’t.  And, apparently enough people complained to Apple to get them to change it as well.

Besides, a firmware update cannot miraculously add hardware.

We could make use of the integrated attitude sensor and make it skip when shaken…

I am not a big fan of too much flash on the device as well.  Though the feature may look cool, it is a resource hog.  I do like, however, being able to see the album art a wee bit larger when scrolling albums.  Even as this feature is, it will cause the device to stutter as the images are loaded, if you have a song playing.

Making things function smoothest while the Sansa is doing its primary job, and that’s playing music, takes priority.

The feature could be experimented with in Rockbox, perhaps with the v1.  I do like being able to scroll albums while viewing the art, as it’s a great memory jogger for all those loaded albums.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@delonh24 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-3HNqvjt1o
Message Edited by delonh24 on 12-20-2008 03:28 PM

I don’t know…if I’d wanted an iPod, I would have bought one.:smiley: (it just would have taken me longer to save up for it)