couple of questions...

Ok, I’ve looked through the boards, and I can’t find the answers to my questions, so here goes:

1. Why do I only get a half charge with my battery? before anyone jumps to conclusions, here’s what I’ve done… Tried front USB, tried rear USB, removed & replaced battery. It is connected to an always on desktop. Not sure what else to do…

2. What is the recommended bitrate for successful play? I have songs ranging from 90 kbps to 320 kbps, constant and variable bitrates. And in all ranges, songs seem cut-off or choppy. Whats the deal?

Do you get about 12-13 hours of playback on it? If you do I wouldnt worry about the display of the battery on the player.

typical standerd bitrate is 192kbps, but its honostly just prefrence. I cant tell teh difference b/w a 128 file and a 320, but thats just me. Where did you get your music from? does it play back fine on the computer?

so this has nothing to do with the first two questions, but I have some of my own. I have a sansa c250, and when I try to open certain files, there’s this thing called “Folder Lock” that comes up, and I have to type in a password. Except I have no idea what the password is. I considered looking it up in the user guide, except I can’t get to the user guide when I plug in my player. It used to come up to a menu with two options: the media converter and the user guide. Now the regular menu for my computer when any device is connected to it comes up, and there’s no user manual. I tried to download it, but my computer can’t read the file. I don’t know if you guys have had similar problems or if I’m just now paying for not reading the instruction manual before I used it. Please help if you can!

never heard of folder lock to be honost. Are you able to to just turn on the player fine without any issues? maybe the hold feature is turned on.

If you have new questions and are off topic from the original thread, then you should probably start a new post with a different topic. Youll probably get better results. Make sure the thread topics are specific to the issue. Typing out “heeeeelp” for topics doesnt tell people what your looking for and not everyone clicks it just to see what you need. Just some thoughts. Welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

>>Do you get about 12-13 hours of playback on it? If you do I wouldnt worry about the display of the battery on the player.
>>
>>typical standerd bitrate is 192kbps, but its honostly just prefrence. I cant tell teh difference b/w a 128 file and a 320, but thats >>just me. Where did you get your music from? does it play back fine on the computer?

12-13 hours? I wish. I get maybe 5 or 6 hours. It seems to work less hours on the higher bitrate stuff.

Don’t feel bad, most people can’t tell the difference between the bitrates. 128 kbps is approximate to cd quality music. 320 kbps is studio quality. However, thats somewhat of a lie because mp3 is lossy. if you want true, crystal clear music, go with FLAC.

That makes sense. The higher bitrate is gonna give you less time. They say this on the info on the site if im not mistaken.

If its only 5-6 hours, you need to get them to send you a new battery, or replace the player. Give em a call and see what they say, it wouldnt hurt, and doesnt take more then 10 minutes.