COULD THIS 2 GB DVECIVE RECORD ANOTHER FORMAT EXEPT WAV?

and how could I know when the player reaches his full battery on the recharging proccess?

thank yo’ll,

No, it only records to WAV format.  You know the battery has fully charged when the battery icon stops blinking.

And the battery icon shows as full.

thank you all.

I’t has been blinking for the past 4 hours. is it normal? how many hours does it take the battery to be fully charged?

are you sure it stops blinking when it’s fully charged?

zZZZZZZ wrote:  how many hours does it take the battery to be fully charged?   sure it stops blinking when it’s fully charged?

3-5 hours is very normal. :wink: It does stop, yes… (if it’s not broken…!)

If it only converts to WAV and you don’t like that format, i think you convert it on the computer?? Hey i’ll give it a try.

Two issues concerning recording in wav vs. MP3 - with wav, the file size will be approximately 10 times bigger than with MP3. However this extracts a cost in processing power. When recording in wav, the CPU must only digitize and store the recording in a file. With MP3, the CPU must also do the same AND convert to MP3 on the fly. The MP3 encoding algorithm is much more processor intense than the playback (decoding) algorithm. I do voice recordings on a high end PC and have found some “glitches” in the recordings when going direct to MP3. This was resolved by recording to wav first and then converting to MP3. The difference in processing power is that when doing direct conversion, the CPU must be fast enough to do all the above on the fly. By offloading the conversion, the CPU can take its time (non-realtime) to perform the calculation intense encoding algorithm. (I believe that the encoding is at least 10 times as intense as decoding for playback.) Encoding also takes what is known as “scratchpad” memory to store intermediate calculation results. I’m not sure the Clip has the hardware resources to do all this.

here s the main reason… licensing. some dap’s rec’d as mp3

Message Edited by amkoas on 03-22-2008 08:42 AM